Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BBC World Service





Actually I have seen that page before about two years ago. But I didn’t really explore it.
The parts that I most like, or that I would honestly use, are the quizzes. I love quizzes not only in English but in Spanish too. I made some of the activities on the page such as the Word Master and Puzzles. I think the wordmaster was a little bit easier than the puzzles but I like them booth.
The listening part it’s really helpful especially for those like me, who know a bit of vocabulary but we totally fail on the pronunciation.
I think the page in general it’s really good to practice English and be informed about other things like news, weather, etc. I also think the best way of learning another language is by practicing, talking, listening and playing, like the quizzes on the page. It makes the all learning process more fun and simple that if we were sitting on a class room for 3 hours listening to the teacher.

5 comments:

  1. I agree, practicing, talking, listening and playing, there´s no other way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Francisca. Only 171 words. Very, very precise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, I liked the website and it's so useful. Human beigns learn easier if they enjoy the process. That's why fun is a key element to consideer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree it remind me of facebook game's I played word challenge in english once.. epic fail :(, I could only came up with five words but then when the answers appeared I read them and for the next time I could made more points!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, if you enjoy the esperience you can learn on an easier way...very funny!

    ReplyDelete